2019 Piaggio MP3 Sport 500
Sport is also available with combined braking only
• Electronic ride-by-wire throttle and dual std/eco map
• Underseat compartment with assisted opening and
capacity for two full-face helmets
• Stand-less parking system using the electronic
suspension lock (roll lock)
• Bike finder with remote control to saddle and indicators
(remotely flashed indicators for easy finding in parking
• Bold trims, matte grey diamond edge rims and
exclusive matte color schemes
• MP3 special edition in matte grey with metallic rider
footpegs, blue graphics and carbon look trim
• Matte green color only available in USA
• Storage compartment with USB outlet
DYNAMIC AND FEISTY
The sporty nature, evidenced by its “Sport" badge on the rear part of the tail, is further emphasised by the matt black of the exhaust protector and passenger handgrips whilst the carbon look hydrographics on the central tunnel and button panel of the rear shield also speak to its no-nonsense character.
Unique and absolutely distinctive, right down to its rear gas shock absorbers and set of waveform front brake discs, the MP3 Sport 500 HPE cuts a swathe through traffic with grit and determination.
Last but not least its three color variations leave no doubt that this bike is not for the faint-hearted with its choice of glossy gray, black and matte green options.
- New engine, new performance: Performance and efficiency are the standout characteristics of the new single-cylinder 500 HPE (High Performance Engine). It boasts an increase in performance of around 14% compared to the previous 500cc, with maximum power of 38.8 hp and, in the three-wheel world, a significant reduction in fuel consumption. The “Ride by Wire" electronic acceleration system optimizes engine operation distribution and flow even at low speed by means of changing the engine map with a mere touch of a button on the handlebar.
- Safety starts with an “A": “A" as in ABS. Developed together with Continental, the three-channel ABS offers outstanding active safety levels, avoiding wheel blocking during braking maneuveres, ensuring you have control in any situation. The two large 13-inch front wheels also contribute to the exceptional safety and improved road surface absorption capacity.
- Distinctive features: Athletic and versatile, the “bad boy" versions of the MP3 Piaggio family is characterized by its highly efficient and exclusive gas shock absorbers developed by Kayaba, together with its gritty-looking daisy-shaped front brake discs.
- Powerful, safe and comfortable: Its ever more modern design and finish go hand in hand with increased comfort for the passenger, with the introduction of a new saddle and back rest redesigned for two. There's also the ergonomic hand holds, perfect for travelling as a pair.
- Engine: Single cylinder, 4-stroke, 4 valves
- Engine capacity: 493 cc
- Bore x stroke: 94 mm x 71 mm
- Power: 38.8 hp (28.5 kW) @ 7,250 rpm
- Torque: 33.6 ft-lbs (45.5 Nm) @ 5,000 rpm
- Fuel system: Electronic injection
- Cooling: Liquid
- Lubrification: Wet sump
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: CVT continuously variable transmission with torque server
- Clutch: Automatic centrifugal dry clutch
- Frame: Double cradle in high resistance tubular steel
- Front suspension: Articulated quadrilateral
- Rear suspension: Dual hydraulic shock absorbers adjustable in preload
- Front brake: Two 258 mm discs with hydraulic control
- Rear brake: Single 240 mm disk with hydraulic control
- Braking system: Combined braking with ABS/ASR**
- Front tire: Tubeless 110/70 - 13"
- Rear tire: Tubeless 140/70 - 14"
- Length/ Width / Wheelbase: 87.6" / 31.5" / 60.6" (2.225 mm / 800 mm / 1.540 mm)
- Seat height: 31,1" (790 mm)
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.1 gal (12 liters)
- Emission compliance: EPA, CARB, Transport Canada
- Engine Type
- Single cylinder, 4-stroke, 4 valves
- 493 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 94 mm x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- CVT continuously variable transmission with torque server
- Front Suspension
- Articulated quadrilateral
- Front Brakes
- Two 258 mm discs with hydraulic control
- Front Tire
- Tubeless 110/70 - 13 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual hydraulic shock absorbers adjustable in preload
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disk with hydraulic control
- Rear Tire
- Tubeless 140/70 - 14 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- 60.6 in. (1,540 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.1 gal. (12 L)
- Black, Glossy Gray, Matte Green